Over time, WordPress sites can greatly grow in size due to file uploads that are left unused. These can be safely removed with Theia Upload Cleaner, a plugin that deep-scans your entire database to check for any files that are not referenced any more in any page, post, 3rd-party plugin or the media library. Most of these files are images and their associated thumbnails. Before a clean-up, a backup is always made so that you can safely check your website to ensure everything is working properly.
Theia Upload Cleaner has two key-features:
- The deep-scanning algorithm that searches your entire database for any reference to your files, regardless of the format its stored in: plain-text, serialized objects, or JSON objects. This ensures that all references are properly found and only unnecessary files are cleaned.
- The automatic backups that give you complete peace of mind. Files are never actually removed during clean-up, but instead they are moved to a backup location. You can always verify that your site is running properly and no needed files were affected. Afterwards, the backups can be easily removed to gain more space.
- Safely cleans your Uploads folder.
- You can run a simulation without any actual clean-up involved.
- Automatically creates backups.
- One-click clean and one-click restore
- Deep-scans your entire database.
- Compatible with virtually any properly-coded plugin
- Receive support and upgrades.
- High-quality code complete with comments.